This roundtable conversation is an opportunity for a free-ranging discussion with other geographic information system (GIS) users in the cultural resource management field. Review changes in the industry and updates in the ArcGIS platform. Pose questions to baffling issues and contribute a case study or story map. Learn about the latest GIS tools, new data portals, and upcoming technologies with potential connections to GIS. Consider ways to work more effectively with non-GIS users and promote the use of GIS.
Participants will receive logistics information by email on how to access the webinar using the Zoom meeting format at least a week prior to the training.
Participants will be invited to submit case studies, story maps, and questions in advance.
- Understand the methodology
- Encourage best practices
- Working more effectively with non-GIS users
- Promoting GIS to the cultural resource management field
- Highlights from the industry
- Updates in the ArcGIS platform
- New GIS tools and data portals
- Upcoming technologies and potential connections with GIS
- Cultural resource management applications: case studies
- Story maps: examples
- Overview of related NPI GIS courses
Basic/advanced understanding of GIS technology; regular GIS system user
NPI Welcome Letter
GIS for Cultural Resources: Roundtable Conversation participant list, 2/17/22
About Today's Session - How to Join the Zoom Meeting
GIS for Cultural Resources: Roundtable Conversation training on Zoom, 2/17/22
GIS for Cultural Resources: Roundtable Conversation, PDF of PPT, 2/17/22
Archaeologists; architectural historians; planners; preservation architects and landscape architects;
Community leaders; contractors, consultants, and project managers; cultural and natural resource managers responsible for compliance requirements;
Facility managers of historic properties; national, statewide, and local preservation and land management organization members and staff
Click on "Register Now" and then "Pay with PayPal" to use PayPal or to pay by debit or credit card
Access to registration for additional webinars on GIS for Cultural Resources: Roundtable Conversation will be available closer to the date of each event. Here are tentative dates for upcoming sessions:
• Thursday, May 5, 2022, 3:00 p.m. EST, limited to 25 participants
• Thursday, August 18, 2022, 3:00 p.m. EST, limited to 25 participants
• Thursday, December 8, 2022, 3:00 p.m. EST, limited to 25 participants
NPI also offers eLearning and webinar modules as customized training to meet specific organizational needs. They can be tailored to create training at a time convenient to the sponsor. Contact NPI at 703.765.0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.